McDonald’s is one of the largest employers in the UK with over 1270 restaurants serving over 3.7 million customers per day. One of our greatest strengths is our diversity; we have 110,000 employees ranging in age from 16 to 91!
Working for McDonald’s is more than just a job. We’re a business that aims to have a positive impact in everything we do. We offer good value, quality food and a fantastic experience for our customers. But it’s not just about the millions of meals we serve each year. It’s also about the hundreds of communities across the UK where you’ll find our restaurants, and the thousands of people who work in those.
Things move fast at McDonald’s, whether we’re serving our customers or helping our people build their futures. In our workplace, we promote flexibility, opportunity, equality and development. McDonald’s employees come from all walks of life, but share a common approach: positivity. We know that happy employees help to make happy customers, so we want you to enjoy your work.
Did you Know?
- Over 85% of McDonald’s employees tell us that they love the flexibility their job offers them
- 9 in 10 of our Business Managers started with us as Crew members
- Each year we invest £40 million in training to develop our people
- 1/3 of our executive team started their career in one of our restaurants
- We employee over 110,000 employees in the UK alone
Training and Development
Great opportunities at McDonald’s come with training to match. Every year, we invest over £40 million in developing our people. Every one of the 110,000 employees working for McDonald’s has the opportunity to take part in structured training, whether it’s in customer service, team work or financial management. Plus, you can achieve an array of qualifications with us, many of them nationally recognised. It’s about you. Whatever you want to get out of your career – with McDonald’s, you can.
- Childcare vouchers scheme – parents or guardians could be entitled to Childcare Vouchers
- Pension scheme – if you’re eligible you’ll automatically be enrolled in our pension scheme
- Flexible scheduling – we know that good work/life balance is vital, so we offer a flexible approach to scheduling
- Holiday Pay – work full time and you’ll receive 28 days holiday per year. Part time and your holiday will be calculated on a pro-rata basis
- Performance Reviews – performance is reviewed every six months. Your pay will be reviewed annually based on these reviews
- Meal allowance – free meals are supplied during your shifts
- Discounts on major high street retailers – discounts at 100’s of national retailers. You’ll also receive a personalised card which also gives you discounts in our restaurants
- Service Awards – we celebrate continuous service by awarding you with retail gift vouchers – £75 for 5 years’ service, all the way up to £1,000 for 30 years’ service
We are extremely proud of the external employer awards that we have won. These recognise our commitment to delivering excellent employee practices and initiatives. These awards are assessed independently and are based on what our people think about their experiences of working at McDonald’s. The results are overwhelmingly positive – with flexibility, close knit teams, training opportunities and job security scoring particularly highly. They are a fantastic achievement and one which we share with our entire workforce.
Around 45% of our employees are women; many of them managing a career with family commitments. Our restaurants offer part time positions, flexible working and even the opportunity to work on our ‘Friends and Family contract – which allows friends and family working in the same restaurant to share and cover each other’s shifts without the need to inform management in advance.
Flexible working at McDonald’s is more than a policy to us, it is a living and breathing part of our culture. It enables our employees to lead fulfilling working lives, but not at the expense of their families or other commitments. This is essential to our business, our values and our employees.
Why Join McDonald's?
This job started as a bit of a stopgap – a way to earn a bit of extra money once the kids had left. But over the last six years, it’s become a career. I was promoted to Shift Manager and I know I can always count on the support of my brilliant team.
In my free time, I love to meet up with my friends – we usually go to the cinema or out for dinner. But most of all I like to spend time with my daughter. I’m lucky that because I can usually move my shifts to fit around my life, I can do it all.
Kim, Shift Manager
This recruiter is not currently advertising. Why not try our job search?