Management Accountant - Flexible
£37,000 - £45,000 + 10% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
Are you looking for a new role where the numbers, and the rewards, really add up? We can provide you with the opportunity to make the most of your already impressive accounting skills and build your knowledge in a unique setting, with the UK's largest closed life fund consolidator.
Fund Accounting at Phoenix Group is an energetic, dynamic and ever-evolving department, responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger and inputs to our reporting processes. In addition, we also manage financial relationships with outsourcers, covering accounting, incidents and change activity.
Reporting to the Senior Fund Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the preparation and delivery of high quality and timely financial and regulatory returns for allocated funds. On a day-to-day basis, this will require active involvement in:
• Ensuring the integrity of all policy accounting and bank related transactions for all companies into the general ledger;
• Reviewing fund trial balances and subsequently resolving or referring any arising issues as appropriate; and
• Providing analytical review of management accounts.
You'll also put your problem solving and communication skills to great use, by working with key stakeholders to ensure the timely clearance of suspense items and the reconciliation of any outstanding items. Where any issues are encountered, you'll identify and implement process improvements and fixes to eradicate root causes.
What we're looking for:
You’re likely to be a newly qualified accountant, who must be able to demonstrate:
• A strong finance background, along with up to date accounting knowledge and a practical understanding of policy systems;
• Proven supervisory experience and leadership ability, coupled with excellent analytical and bookkeeping skills; and
• A good degree of computer literacy, covering MS Office (particularly Excel), General Ledgers, plus some familiarity with Oracle GL.
We love working with self-motivated and driven people, who enjoy communicating with others and are passionate about using their initiative to solve problems and improve the way we work. If you feel you have the potential to make a positive contribution to the ongoing workload and challenges faced by the team, we'd love to hear from you!
* Please note that the official role title used internally within Phoenix Group for this position is "Fund Accountant".
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 19th April 2018
Flexible working at Phoenix is: "A lifestyle that fuses your personal and professional life."
Phoenix believes in a culture of flexibility, depending on the role we may be able to offer working arrangements that suit your needs. In today's world of work/life challenges, we recognise getting this right is important to our employees and the success of our business.
Examples of this may include but are not exclusive to the following:
Part Time: You would work less than full-time hours for the business, perhaps by working fewer days or hours per week.
Flexible hours: Still working your contracted hours, you would have flexibility to start and finish within agreed core working times.
Job Share: Where the role allows you would voluntarily share the duties of one full-time position with another colleague, splitting the hours on a pro-rata basis.
Home working: You would undertake some, or all, of your working duties from home or anywhere else other than the standard allocated place of work (including other Phoenix locations).