An expanding client list and increasing volumes of work mean that new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients.
Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
• Acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice.
• Handling a varied range of matters either as sole fee earner (with appropriate supervision) or as part of the team on larger transactions.
• Contributing to non -fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• (fee earners at all levels are encouraged to be involved and supported in these activities).
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment. Key skills include:
• A Solicitor of [0-2] years' PQE with experience in commercial Real Estate typically to have been gained in investment sales and purchases, title due diligence and asset management including dealing with sale and purchase contracts, title reports, negotiating leases and agreements for lease for landlords and/or tenants as well as dealing with applications for consent to assign, deeds of variation, lease renewals, surrenders, licences to alter and underleases.
• Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Ability to operate with a high level of self -sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Team oriented and collegiate.
• Some exposure to and success within business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships internally, as well as being able to undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously.
• Change -oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
Our Real Estate Team covers every aspect of commercial real estate work including planning and environmental, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution. Clients include property management and development companies, house builders, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas.
Teams are drawn from our offices across the country (London, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds and Bristol), ensuring our clients benefit from a combination of the most appropriately experienced team and local market knowledge.
In all cases we provide high quality, commercially orientated advice to clients for whom property is a key asset.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.