Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Programme Manager
Salary in the region of £46,952 - £56,812 (Grade 1) or £35,642- £43,127 (Grade 2) dependent on skills and experience, plus excellent benefits
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is one of the leading centres of genomic discovery and understanding. We lead collaborations across the globe to provide foundations for further research and transformative healthcare innovations.
Our global reputation for excellence is strengthened by our dedication to developing and maintaining a forward-looking organisation where staff from all backgrounds can thrive. By striving to promote and maintain a diverse, inclusive and stimulating workplace, we are celebrating and valuing our staff for their differences in thought, background, experience and perspectives.
You will be enthusiastic and highly-organised Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Programme Manager to support our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team to deliver a visionary and dynamic programme of activity, including progressing and elevating our Athena SWAN Bronze Award.
You will become an active member of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Forum, Athena SWAN Operational Group and Campus-wide Sex in Science Working Group. You will organise a range of events as part of our Sex in Science programme, produce and present statistics to monitor the impact of change and use social science tools to better understand the scientific society relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues. You will be a creative thinker, have the ability to juggle priorities and be able to liaise with a wide range of people and build effective working relationships quickly.In return, we offer flexible and rewarding employment terms, including an excellent benefits package. We seek to provide a supportive family friendly environment to enable staff at all levels to balance their professional and home lives. This includes options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site nursery, Campus summer holiday club and childcare voucher scheme
- Knowledge of EDI issues effecting scientific work environments
- Strong project management skills
- Able to liaise with a wide range of people and build effective working relationships quickly
- Strong communication skills both oral and written and ability to influence
- Ability to produce metrics and manipulate data
- Experience of social science research methods
- Flexible approach - able to juggle priorities and to respond to changes in workload at short notice
- Confident IT user: proficiency in Office software (particularly Excel and PowerPoint) and ability to learn how to maintain and change intranet pages
- Experience of developing EDI strategy
- Proactively seeks solutions to challenges and problems
- Creative thinker, with initiative to take forward ideas within scope
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We will consider all applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We are open to a range of flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application. Closing date: 9th May 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80908169