Financial Analyst - Return to Work Programme
Learn more about Amazon’s long-term commitment to the UK.
We will make sure your transition back into the professional world is as smooth as possible. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive coaching sessions and functional training that bring your skills up to speed before joining.
- Our managers are trained to develop every team member’s strengths and they will make sure to set you up for success.
- Besides regular developing meeting with your direct manager, you will be assigned a buddy and mentor that will support you during your starting period at Amazon.
- You will have the chance to work with brilliant people from all over the world.
- We value diversity of thoughts and Amazon gives you the opportunity to share your ideas with your manager and other teams to drive innovation.
- A peculiar culture based on our Leadership Principles. They are the foundation of everything we do. Whether we're discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem. Learn more about them here.
If you've had a career break of two years (or a little less, we're not overly fussy) then read on...
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Financial Analyst II to support our UK Sort Centre business. Amazon transportation is continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver more selection, more quickly and at lower prices. In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly impacting the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network, specifically focusing our sort centre network. The role will require quickly learning and fully grasping the business’s economics to understand the big picture, gaining proficiency in our data systems to capture the right details, and communicating clearly and succinctly to effectively partner with business leaders and influence decisions. Given the nature of our business, you will have to venture into unknown territory and help the team learn how to succeed in new spaces.
Extracting, combining, and summarizing data to analyze the financial impact of new initiatives, and effectively communicating key findings to senior leadership to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions
Working closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfilment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce cost while improving the customer experience
Building forecasting models and operating plans
Developing metrics and reports to provide controllership to new programs
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field with an analytical focus
• Experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
Fluent in English
• Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
• Solid experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)