Senior Financial Analyst - Return to Work Programme
Learn more about Amazon’s long-term commitment to the UK.
We will make sure your transition back into the professional world is as smooth as possible. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive coaching sessions and functional training that bring your skills up to speed before joining.
- Our managers are trained to develop every team member’s strengths and they will make sure to set you up for success.
- Besides regular developing meeting with your direct manager, you will be assigned a buddy and mentor that will support you during your starting period at Amazon.
- You will have the chance to work with brilliant people from all over the world.
- We value diversity of thoughts and Amazon gives you the opportunity to share your ideas with your manager and other teams to drive innovation.
- A peculiar culture based on our Leadership Principles. They are the foundation of everything we do. Whether we're discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem. Learn more about them here.
If you've had a career break of two years (or a little less, we're not overly fussy) then read on...
Amazon is seeking a Finance Business Partner to join an exciting, high growth area of Amazon within our European Operations Finance team in London.
We are looking for a smart and creative individual to deliver robust and structured reporting, improve the planning modelling and implement processes that are well understood and communicated throughout the organization. The growth of the business and the increasing complexity driven by new launches and services make this role an exciting, interesting and challenging proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, driving performance, building plans for the future, as well as managing regular reporting, forecasting and general planning. You will provide leadership on the right financial controllership to ensure the results of the business are properly recorded and the assets of the business protected.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
• Building and managing the right reporting to support the business
• Owning business planning and forecasting processes
• Conducting business case analysis of new programs and services
• Working in conjunction with EU FP&A teams to drive best practice and consistent processes.
• Supporting internal customer groups in all finance and accounting matters including budgeting, forecasting, expense tracking and control.
• Identifying and communicating issues to senior management as well as regular reporting
• Demonstrable relevant finance/accounting experience
• Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by writing project documentation, Quarterly Review reports etc
• Experience in logistics would be helpful. Experience in working in a fast-paced growth environment is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis and problem-solving
• Advanced Excel user
• Fluent in English
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
• Experience with COGNOS and SQL is a strong plus
• Excellent analytical skill, ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools and modelling
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills