Executive Assistant - Return to Work Programme
Learn more about Amazon’s long-term commitment to the UK.
We will make sure your transition back into the professional world is as smooth as possible. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive coaching sessions and functional training that bring your skills up to speed before joining.
- Our managers are trained to develop every team member’s strengths and they will make sure to set you up for success.
- Besides regular developing meeting with your direct manager, you will be assigned a buddy and mentor that will support you during your starting period at Amazon.
- You will have the chance to work with brilliant people from all over the world.
- We value diversity of thoughts and Amazon gives you the opportunity to share your ideas with your manager and other teams to drive innovation.
- A peculiar culture based on our Leadership Principles. They are the foundation of everything we do. Whether we're discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem. Learn more about them here.
If you've had a career break of two years (or a little less, we're not overly fussy) then read on...
Amazon is looking for an Executive Assistant who wants to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and growing organization. We need someone who is bright and motivated, with a proven history of high performance, to support the Country Director of the Amazon Logistics UK team.
This role requires outstanding planning, time management, and organizational skills. Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple requests is critical. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior executives is imperative. A good sense of humour is a must, as is the ability to be flexible and change direction at a moment’s notice. The ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group is essential. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple complex calendars, planning and organizing events of all sizes, and coordinating domestic and international travel.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing Executive Assistant support for senior level executives in a fast-paced environment
• University degree
• Positive outlook, proactive, very detail-oriented and driven to succeed
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Experience with domestic and international travel coordination
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Experience with space planning
• Coordination of multiple programs
• Creative problem-solver
• Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed
• Ability to utilize sound business judgment
• EU citizenship or permanent residency required
• Grace under pressure, and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.