Merchandiser (Mandarin Speaking)
Founded in 2010, our client is one of the leading suppliers of women’s wholesale clothing in the Manchester area. Since then they have flourished and became one of the foremost wholesalers, providing fantastic quality women’s clothing. The client base is made up of fashion forward companies, including independent clothing retailers and major high street fashion stores, in the UK and internationally.
We are seeking a highly organised candidate for a Merchandiser position based in Manchester. No experience is necessary for the role as full training will be given (the applicant must be enthusiastic and have an interest in this field). The candidate must be able to work as part of a team and independently in a fast paced environment. Excellent communication skills are essential for this role and applicants must be a fluent in Mandarin and English.
*This role is office based and requires the candidate to communicate and collaborate with the team daily. It is essential that the candidate can commute in to Manchester daily.*
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working effectively with and as part of the warehouse team.
· Visit manufacturers and suppliers
· Manage and maintain excellent standards of clothing quality control/packing.
· Organise deliveries and bookings
· Negotiate prices with manufacturers and suppliers
· Ensure critical path review systems remain up to date with production plans.
· Liaise with manufacturers, suppliers, customers and factories.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
· Excellent organisational skills
· Strong communication skills (candidates must be able to speak fluently in English and Mandarin).
· A good team player and independent worker
· The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ambitious and target driven
· A keen eye for detail
· Applications from enthusiastic candidates with no experience are welcome as full training will be provided.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm, 40 hours per week (office role)
Salary: £21k- £26k (DOE) depending on experience
Please Note: In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is only possible to contact successful candidates within 14 days.