Data Protection Officer
This is an exciting time to join Data Protection Education. With the new forthcoming changes with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Reporting to the board of directors, the role is to provide proactive data protection and information governance support, on relevant client projects to our school customers.
This role will involve client liaison across the business with colleagues nationally at all levels and will include attending meetings, helping schools with their data processing activity, delivering training and helping to write policies and procedures. Consequently, you will need to have excellent written and communication skills, an eye for detail and a creative, can do attitude.
This is a rapidly developing area and it will be important to help establish new ways of working. Strong IT skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite tools will be important. Experience of project management, data analysis, compliance and training delivery would all be desirable. Experience of working within a school is essential.
Data Protection Education is a specialist consultancy providing GDPR tools, resources and consultancy to schools. We work with individual schools, trusts, federations and local authorities to provide data protection services, including outsourced data protection officer services.
- We require experienced school administrators with an educational / safeguarding background to provide out-sourced data protection officer services to schools
- We are looking for consultants who can both respond and manage schools remotely and make school visits across the UK, but predominantly across the East of England and South East of England
- We will provide tools and admin support so that you can concentrate on delivery and we will have experienced consultants on hand so you never feel out of your depth.
- You must be prepared to consult and advise with schools on GDPR and be a named contact as data protection officer.
- We are able to offer some training if you have experience in other areas of school management
- Applicants with IT Governance or IAPP qualifications would be welcome.
- We are able to offer term time contracts and would be happy to discuss full-time and part-time availability.
We would welcome applications from someone who has previously worked in a school adminstration role (primary or secondary) or in the education sector (for a local authority or commercial company) and who is looking to return to work and seeks an interesting job with a term-time contract. We understand that you might not be available every day, nor every hour of every day - indeed we hope that you can manage your own schedule to a certain extend.
However, some travel to schools regionally will be required, so transportation and a driving licence is essential.
We would also be interested in hearing from you if you have a law degree and are interested in an opportunity outside the traditional law environment.
If you are the right person for the job and willing to learn about the hottest compliance issue in a generation, then we can be flexible and supportive to your needs.
The role will be mostly term-time only, with only occasional days during school holidays that can be arranged around your schedule. We'd prefer contract or self-employed initially, but open to looking at permanent positions as we move forward.
To apply, tell us about your experience working with schools and why you'd like to work in compliance and data security.
Apply for Data Protection Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly