Community Support Worker
Contract/Hours: Full time/Part time hours and nights available
Rota/ Shift Pattern: Days, Nights, Weekends
Gray Healthcare is a specialist health and social care provider, supporting people with mental health needs, disabilities and long-term conditions looking to step back into the community from long-term in-patient support services. At Gray, we offer our own dynamic approach to care, enabling people to move back into their own homes - into their own communities – giving them control of their life. We create a bespoke support package for each individual with care support from our own multi-disciplinary team, adaptable to meet all current and future needs.
Having established a credible support model that is valued by individuals, their loved ones and health and social care professionals, The people we support are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such, we do this by offering personalised support. The successful candidate’s duties will be varied and no two days will be the same, but typically you will;
- Work in-hour shifts, supporting your client to develop or regain life skills, empower them to maximise engagement within their new community and help to reduce their social isolation
- With support from our clinical team, undertake assessments, develop recovery plans and to report progress to family, commissioners and clinicians
- Support in the develop a weekly routine in line with current and future care plans to support rehabilitation and to make sure the individual is enjoying their new life!
- Build strong open relationships with family, friends, the multi-disciplinary team and professionals invested in the individual
- To create a positive and hearty place for the individual to flourish with a focus on positive behaviour support
- And most importantly, to ensure we are providing outstanding care, with the best possible auditing to support!
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- A minimum of 6 months experience supporting individuals with mental health, Autism, personality disorder, learning disabilities, complex needs or ABI
- A minimum NVQ/QCF 2 or a willingness & desire to complete the qualification with Gray Healthcare
- Emotional resilience and firm professional boundaries
- The individual you will be supporting may live in an area with minimum public transport, so it is desirable that you drive to ensure you can get to and from their homes as required of your shift
In return, we will offer:
- Training & Development Opportunities - We pride ourselves on our bespoke care, with specialist training that will educate in a generalist way and with technique aimed to support the one individual that you will be working with!
- As a growing organisation, we have regular supervisions, with each member of staff being offered clear succession plans and CPD opportunities to help you grow with us!
- Care Certificate - it's mandatory for all support staff
- NVQ/QCF opportunities in Health & Social Care where appropriate
- A competitive salary - As advertised - dependant on your experience and if you hold an NVQ/QCF. Extra shifts are always available, and you are paid as part of our backup rota scheme
- Wellbeing Days - In addition to annual leave, we offer CBT help 24/7 that can be accessed any time, regular wellbeing to support you/your team with emotional resilience
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such, it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
We are committed to supporting individuals who identify under the disability act as a disability committed employer. Please let us know as part of your application if you wish to be considered for an interview under the disability act as you may be guaranteed an interview if you clearly meet the job description.
As part of our recruitment process, you will receive a profile of the individual you will be supporting, and assessed with questions that we have created with the individual.
Please note that if you are shortlisted for interview, you may be contacted via email or text. Keep an eye out just in case!