Experienced Level 3 Nursery Nurse
- To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area, in conjunction with other staff.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parent's evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book.
- Look upon the Nursery as a "whole", where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Nursery.
- Preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold it's standards at all times.