Various Return to Work Programmes with Amazon
Back to work… Do it for you!
Are you ready to return to work full-time or want to slowly transition back into the professional world by taking on a part-time role? Either way, you have come to the right place. Amazon values employees from diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, career paths and education. This is what makes our culture peculiar.
Having had a break for a few years and trying to reintegrate yourself into the professional world can be challenging. However, we believe that people like you will come back inspired and ready to progress in their career where they will make an impact on a daily basis.
What we offer
We will make sure your transition back into the professional world is as smooth as possible.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive coaching sessions and functional training that bring your skills up to speed before joining.
- Our managers are trained to develop every team member’s strengths and they will make sure to set you up for success.
- Besides regular developing meeting with your direct manager, you will be assigned a buddy and mentor that will support you during your starting period at Amazon.
- You will have the chance to work with brilliant people from all over the world.
- We value diversity of thoughts and Amazon gives you the opportunity to share your ideas with your manager and other teams to drive innovation.
- A peculiar culture based on our Leadership Principles. They are the foundation of everything we do. Whether we're discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem. Learn more about them here.
If you've had a career break of two years (or a little less, we're not overly fussy) then read on...
What our returners value most about choosing Amazon:
“Flexibility has been my lifeline through a couple decades of parenting while working (mine are 20, 16 and 8)”
This is what Ellenore Angelidis, Kindle Director at Amazon emphasizes that she was able to grow as a manager after being the one who returned to work. She learned how important it is to give the team flexibility which allows parents to pursue their career. This was not only a benefit for the employees but also made them more productive. If you are interested to read more about how Ellenore experiences her life as a working mother at Amazon, read more on her blog posts on www.workingmother.com.
2. Job security
“Amazon gives the possibility to change the job, but remain in the same company.”
Silvana Specht, Senior Operations Manager joined Amazon in 2003 and has held 7 different positions over the last 14 years. She appreciates that Amazon the highly dynamic environment and the easy to change processes that drive innovation.
We have a number of roles available across the UK in our Return to Work Programme, click the apply button to be redirected and learn more.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.