Finance and HR Assistant
Responsible to: Finance and Operations Director and Chief of Staff
Salary: Competitive according to experience
Start Date: ASAP
Overview of the role
Crisis Action is looking for a Finance and HR Assistant based in London to provide additional capacity to these two critical support functions. Crisis Action is a team of 40 people based in 12 different locations that works closely together to compel the most powerful people in the world to protect civilians from the horrors of war.
Crisis Action is who its people are and what they do so its Finance and HR functions are key to the success of the organisation. We are passionate about maintaining a highly dynamic and professional work environment that enables our team to thrive and constantly develop themselves and that, combined with a budget of £3.5 million and financial activities in multiples currencies, will make this role both a fascinating and challenging one.
As Finance and HR Assistant you will work closely with both the HR and the Finance teams and support them to ensure both systems operate at an optimum level.
Finance team support
- Cashbook processing - managing the process across Crisis Action’s offices, checking and maintaining accuracy and ensuring the upload into the accounting systems in line with the Finance timetable and providing training to staff where required. Administer all aspects of the invoice processing and payments systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Produce monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts of the organisation and support the Finance Manager in maintaining regular control reconciliations.
- Support the Finance Manager in year-end processes by helping to resolve auditors’ queries and providing information and explanation required for audit purposes.
- Ensuring implementation and upkeep of solid filing systems for all financial records using Crisis Action’s cloud based system Sharepoint.
- Creating, maintaining and updating confidential HR records using Crisis Action’s cloud based HR database Financial Force
- Supporting in managing all operational aspects of the employee life cycle such as recruitment, interviews, contracts, induction, performance management and offboarding through Financial Force
- Helping with the production of accurate and timely management information for quarterly Board meetings
- Assisting and support the team globally with any HR queries
Support to the Chief of Staff (CoS) and Finance and Operations Director
- Managing diaries and supporting with all practical travel arrangement
- Preparing expense reimbursement forms, and other financial or administrative documents
- Supporting with drafting and editing relevant documents and preparing communication
- Organizing meetings and note taking as and when required
- Work with the CoS to organise and ensure smooth delivery of the twice-yearly staff meeting
Essential Skills and experience:
- Keen attention to details and superb levels of organizational ability
- Experience of working in a busy office environment with complex finance systems and foreign currencies
- Digital and IT native: Extremely comfortable with cloud based IT environment and databases
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular excel, the ability to work with large volume of data and use pivot tables
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent time management skills: able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Team player: ability to work effectively within and across teams, and build relationships with remote teams
- Ability to work well under pressure, and respond to changing demands and priorities when required
- A commitment to Crisis Action’s aims
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience working for a global organisation, across different time zones and with offices in different countries.
- Experience of Sun Systems and Salesforce
- Project/Event Management experience
How to Apply:
Please submit applications by sending your CV and cover letter via our online system via th eapply link.
First round interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place during the week commencing 11 June 2018.