Chef De Partie
Quality restaurant with rooms are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Chef de Partie, who we anticipate, will have previously worked in a high-quality restaurant.
Food here is modern British cooking style using local produce, which is sourced from across Lancashire, Cumbria and Yorkshire.
About the job
- Preparing menus in collaboration with colleagues
- Follow the guidance of the head chef or sous chef
- Put effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards
- To effectively control the food production giving maximum quality and yield.
- To constantly check quality and quantity of food going out of the kitchen.
- To ensure correct methods are used for preparation
- To control all food storage activities to ensure that all food is kept in prime condition and a good method stock rotation is used in all areas and sections of the kitchen.
- To keep waste to an absolute minimum.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
The ideal candidate
- A passion for food and developing your culinary skills
- Experience in a similar level restaurant (rosette level)
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and professional approach
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations & relevant legislation
- Should already have the legal right to work in the UK / EU and ideally be living in the UK (for interview attendance purposes)
Salary and benefits
- £18,000 to £19,500 pa plus tips
- Five-day week on rota
- 28 days paid holiday
- Contributory Pension
- Evening meals
- Live-in accommodation is also available (£200 per month including bills)