Fisheries Manager - Flexible working
Ensure effective regulation of marine fisheries, particularly inshore quota management and producer organisations. This contributes to the shared UK government vision of a cleaner, healthier environment, benefiting people and the economy by using resources from nature more sustainably and efficiently.
Note – previous experience of fisheries management is not essential.
London, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Plymouth, Hayle, Shoreham, Portsmouth, Hastings, Lowestoft, Beverley, North Shields, Whitehaven, Brixham, Preston or Scarborough
- Inshore fisheries quota management
- Work collaboratively with and ensure effective regulation of fish producer organisations (FPOs)
- Partnership working
- Support MMO fisheries management delivery objectives as part of a dynamic organisation
Communications are a key element of this role. It will be important to develop excellent working relationships with a range of customers and stakeholders including;
- Inshore fishermen’s associations
- Partner organisations including Cefas and Inshore Fisheries Conservation Authorities (IFCAs)
- Fish producer organisations
- Devolved Administrations and Crown Dependencies
- MMO teams including Coastal, Statistics, and Communications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to explain and present issues in a clear, structured, objective and personable manner
- Ability to deliver in a changing environment
- Ability to analyse and interpret a range of numerical and written evidence to understand implications and any potential issues with support from appropriate MMO teams
- Capacity to work through complex processes and resolve issues to a satisfactory conclusion
- Ability to plan, prioritise and control workload to deliver results to agreed timescales and quality
- Ability to influence and advise a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to access knowledge of wider industrial, professional or scientific communities to source information to resolve operational challenges
For more details and to apply for this role please follow the link once you click on the apply button.