Event Volunteers required
Nesta’s FutureFest Event
6th and 7th July
Tobacco Dock, East London
Nesta is looking for volunteers to help with FutureFest, one of Europe’s largest festivals of the future. The event is all about exploring ways to shape a better future through high profile talks, debates and immersive installations and this year’s highlights include inspiring talks from the likes of Ruby Wax OBE, Sir Nick Clegg, Paul Mason, Imogen Heap and Akala.
The event is now in its 4th year, and since 2013, it has attracted more than 9,000 visitors, 500+ speakers, 250+ members of the press and over 25 immersive experiences.
It is set to be a very exciting event and the types of tasks at hand will vary each day. This could be anything from running registration to helping assist speakers, manage stages and sessions, to assisting the comms team and helping with guest information. So, whether you’re looking to build experience and employability skills, or would just like to contribute to a great event, we would like to hear from you.
Team Leader roles are also available for slightly more experienced volunteers so please let us know if you’d be interested to take on a challenge!
Benefits of Taking Part
1. Free ticket to the festival on the day you aren't volunteering
2. Opportunity to build skills and experience as part of a professional team at a high profile industry event
3. Professional event training provided, so you can build your experience and skills free of charge
4. Free t-shirt and lunch provided for the day of volunteering
5. We will be happy to provide a professional reference/testimonial to any student or those looking for professional events experience, to certify that you took part, and provide a certificate that can be used as part of your CV or job application.
· Volunteers must be over 18 years of age
· Some events experience is preferred but not essential