IT Account Director, Customer Services
Working to the Chief Digital and Information Officer, this senior IT leadership roles will be the strategic partner and assure trusted transformational programme delivery to the largest and most complex of HMRC’s functional areas – Customer Services – as it undergoes a large-scale programme of change.
The key responsibilities of the role will be:
•To lead the strategic relationship between the IT function and HMRC’s Customer
Services function at the most senior level, acting as trusted partner and sounding board to the Director General and CEO.
• To interpret, translate and influence complex customer requirements to drive
innovative solutions that transform the business model.
• To lead and mobilise senior technical leaders and managers and their teams to deliver, with direct leadership of a range of different disciplines within the IT profession to provide end-to-end service
to the Customer Services function and ensure accountability.
• To be the thought leader in digital strategy and technologies for large scale organisations, forming effective partnerships with external organisations to bring in industry best practice technology
solutions and thinking.
• To partner and influence peers in specialist functions to deliver to the needs of
the customer, balancing the need for consistency and common services with the requirement to provide bespoke services for maximum win-win.
• To manage a significant budget of build, run and maintain costs and deploy resources to ensure value for money
• The IT Director position is expected to be an active, proactive and credible member
of the HMRC leadership community, as well as working across government on occasion for the greater good.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Substantial prior experience of developing strategic technical solutions within fast-paced and large-scale Customer/Consumer
Contact Centre organisations.
• Substantial experience of operating at a strategic level within complex organisations, with a deep applied understanding of emerging trends and technologies.
• Proven track record in defining, managing and then delivering technical IT organisational change programmes, including capability and professional development, within a large and complex organisation and with significant budget responsibility.
• Demonstrable experience of anticipating major change and then preparing the organisation to meet the change, managing confidently through uncertainty and bringing stakeholders along the journey.
• A track record of providing empowering leadership of multiple disciplines to teams dispersed across multiple locations.
• Demonstrative ability of successful stakeholder management and building relationships across a range of senior communities, internal and external, often without direct authority.