If you’re passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes.
Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed Carer to join the team at our home in Cheshire. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
- Generally promoting our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you’ll need
- Ideally, some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Refer a friend payments of up to £1000
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
- Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Access to rewards, offers and discounts
- Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
- Recognition schemes including Everyday Heroes and annual National Care Home Awards
About the Home
Our home is an elegant Georgian building, retaining many of its original features after being carefully extended and modernised to include up-to-date care facilities.
You'll find us situated in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire countryside, close to the villages of Bollington and Prestbury and surrounded by six acres of glorious landscaped grounds.
We want our residents to lead as full and happy a life as possible. Rules and regulations are kept to a minimum for our residents. Our staff are on hand around-the-clock with support and assistance, though we encourage residents to retain as much independence as possible.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It’s why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents’ wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Careers worth caring about
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.