Internal Communications Manager
Are you a champion for effective and engaging communication?
Do you have a track record of using employee communication to drive business delivery and engagement?
Have you used your expertise to help deliver business transformation and culture change?
Flexible working arrangements considered
If so we’d like to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring professional to drive our internal communication strategy to help us achieve our vision. You will agree our communication objectives, identify engaging solutions and build capability across the organisation. The UK Hydrographic Office (UKHO) is a world-leading agency providing the most comprehensive range of marine geospatial information across the globe. This information is supplied to commercial shipping, defence navies and maritime organisations for the primary purpose of safe navigation and global trade. It also supports other marine activities including economic development, environmental protection, resource exploration and utilisation, scientific research and security and defence.
It is an exciting time to join the team as the UKHO has ambitious plans for our data-centric transformation with a culture change programme aligning to this. The key areas of focus for internal communication are:
- To increase employee understanding of our corporate strategy and its delivery.
- Ensuring that everyone understands our vision, our corporate plan and their own role in delivering success. This includes supporting a wide range of change activity.
- To reflect and encourage the behaviours and values required for culture change success.
- A key part of this is supporting our smarter working programme as we prepare to move into a new working environment that reflects our desired culture. T
- o build trust in leadership through improved visibility and open, honest communication.
- Providing opportunities and supporting our leaders in demonstrating inspiring, confident and empowering behaviours.
- To continue to improve our employee communication channels and process to ensure we reach all audiences.
- Taking a digital first approach, continuing to develop our new intranet and Yammer channel, we also recognise the importance of face to face communication and building dialogue.
We are looking for candidates who have a successful track record of delivering internal communications in a complex environment undergoing substantial business change. You will be confident in working with the senior management team – understanding their priorities, earning their trust and building their capability. You will be an innovator able to draw on a wide range of tools and best practice.
Above all we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, and have a real impact in shaping the UKHO for the future. We are committed to encouraging the widest range of candidates who may bring something new to our team.
We are delighted to consider flexible working arrangement, support personal development and will provide training to help you develop and progress. This is a Ministry of Defence non-reserved post for which applicants must be British citizens, citizens of the Irish Republic, a Commonwealth state or EEA nations. Successful applicants will require NSV security clearance; therefore, will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
For role specific information and guidance on how to apply, please go to the UKHO website.
The closing date for applications for this role is 12 noon on Monday 30 July 2018