Full Stack Developer home based part/time
We are looking for a home based part-time Full Stack Developer to help us further create our products and services in the world of assured digital identity underpinned by www.gov.uk/verify.
We are looking for a person with creative development skills who can contribute ideas and design, and to be able to develop and deliver on these ideas.
We are currently working on a unique project into identity verification and management with the Government Digital Service. One of our products, Digital Log Book, will be used to enable people to manage their own digital identity, information relating to themselves and their ability to access public services.
You will be a self-starter who is solutions focused, demonstrates a positive attitude towards the user experience and is self-critical. You will be able to work remotely but in conjunction with an office based team. Hopefully you will be passionate about the user’s experience of applications and the service we provide to our customers.
- Ability to work independently/remotely, with regular reporting to team via conference calls.
- Existing and new product development, upgrades, improvements and innovations.
- Working with customers and end-users to bring together user requirements and interpreting these for design and build
- Work with external third parties
- Personal responsibility for the development and delivery of work as required
- Ongoing contributions and ideas to improve the technology
- Provide appropriate support to end-users, shared between the team
- Ability to know own limitations and when to escalate to seek help
The role would suit a person who is looking for a part-time position, but interested in a full-time role later on. You will be home based enabling you to manage your work schedule in line with business requirements.
The role will involve you working directly with our development people and two project managers, who are also home based. Daily communications will enable us to work together to design, develop and deliver unique identity management solutions for Government and the public sector.
Full product and development training will be provided, so a few initial visits to our Edinburgh office will be required.
- At least 3 - 5 years full stack Java development experience.
- Java 1.8, Spring 4+, Boot, Security, JPA/Hibernate, MVC. REST
- Good working knowledge of security standards and technologies - SAML, OAuth, PKI
- SQL Databases - MySQL
- Experience with modern object oriented design techniques and data modeling
- Designing for user experience - creating user friendly interfaces, responsive web design
- Project reporting, documentation and issue tracking - Git, Jira, Confluence
Nice to have:
- Full product life cycle experience
- Experience with modern front end web based user interface design
- Working knowledge of modern web based user interface technologies
- Experience with developing for mobile devices
- Unix, Linux, FreeBSD - server management, scripting, cron...etc
- Cryptography techniques.
Apply for Full Stack Developer home based part/time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly