We are working with a dynamic start-up business in its third year. Working closely with the two founders, this is an opportunity for a legal professional seeking to be part of a growing business from its early days. As such the role will require your proven legal experience but also a positive all hands to the deck approach.
In return you will work with forward thinking people who really don't care where you do the job as long as it is done! They would like someone who can be in the office for one day of the week though in order to build the team spirit and for everyone to know each other. The other day can be done from home or in the office, based on your preference.
The below is the outline of the ideal wish-list - however we are also open to highly experienced lawyers who feel that they could easily up-skill / transfer their knowledge to the below and who have a good grounding in commercial law.
The role is primarily to manage the legal execution of our loans, but there will also be general operational support required and a flexible candidate would be appreciated. If need be, we can also do this elsewhere if the candidate wants to remain specialised.
· 1 – 2 days per week, but with potential to grow over time
· Flexible environment, prefer 1 day a week in the office.
· Flexibility as to whether structured as a salaried position or as independent contractor, but will be subject to a probation period
Skills and experience:
- Qualified solicitor preferred, but not required if you have detailed experience on the legal drafting and execution of structured debt products (especially cashflow lending)
- General commercial legal experience required,
- Experience with loan facility documentation, share charges, charges over assets, and personal guarantees is required. Experience in various other forms of security arrangements will help
- General operational experience would assist in setting up the filing and operational processes surrounding the completion and tracking of the loans
- In-house legal counsel for the business
- Manage the conclusion of loans to clients:
- Receive instruction from the signed client Term Sheet
- Update template loan and security documentation with deal specifics
- Engage with client on various aspects relating to the loan and security documentation, including minor negotiations where required
- Conclude signing of loan and security documentation, perfection of security through (personal guarantees, fixed and floating charge over assets, charge over shares, personal guarantees, corporate guarantees), filing of charges on companies house, etc.
- Filing and archiving of client files including all legal engagement documentation and other pertinent information relating to the portfolio of loans
- Ongoing legal input where required – drafting and concluding any amendments to loan and security documentation
- General operational requirements, like documentation management, archiving and backup and various other items related to the legal engagement with clients
- Possible evolution to in-house company secretarial work and compliance. For the right candidate, we would also consider bringing these in-house from the start if required to make the offer more substantial for someone
If this sounds like a role you'd be perfect for then get in touch today! Our client is keen to move asap.