HR Conference Researcher / Producer
We are looking for a conference researcher / producer to create programmes for HR related events. The role is project based but has the potential to become full time.
The job involves researching topic areas (such as Apprenticeships, Talent Management, Stress Management, Employee Wellbeing) and identifying hot issues. Then identifying experts and HR professionals who can speak on these topics. You will then liaise with them to nail down their exact session content and work with our marketing team to produce website content to promote the event. Finally, you will attend the event to manage speakers and ensure it runs smoothly on the day.
Ideally you will have:
- Degree level education - this is not an admin job!
- Event speaker and topic research experience
- An interest in business - especially HR (HR experience at a strategic level is a plus)
- Creativity - the ability to imagine the 'story' your event will tell over the conference day
- Analytical and research skills - you will need to distill key topic areas from a range of sources including web research and telephone interviews
- Persuasive and friendly people skills / confident telephone manner - managing speakers and securing their agreement to speak at our events
- Organisation - we need to recruit 10-15 speakers per event and co-ordinate with them to bring everything together for a successful event, eg getting biographies, session titles and bullet points, pics. etc.
- Problem solving - eg finding replacement speakers if you get drop outs at the last minute
- Ability to be decisive and work fast - we expect to produce a conference per month.
- Salary - project based on a per conference basis. We pay around £2000 per completed event.
Our office is in Borough, Southwark, London, and our events are all London based, so you will need to be able to get into London from time to time (especially conference days) but you don't need to be office based and this could suit a home worker.
Visit our site to check out the events we host.