Junior Sous Chef
Working with the highest quality British Countryside cuisine you are to ensure the preparation and cooking of high quality food to meet and exceed the hotel standards and guest expectations.
- Act as a deputy to the Sous Chef, supervising all activities across the kitchen, including food preparations, kitchen and storeroom areas.
- Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the team.
- Have strong knowledge of all sections to support and train the team to actively encourage promotion and growth.
- Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification index i.e. size, quantity and quality.
- Sample, smell and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and standards.
- Maintain food quality control. Ensures proper food rotation, which will eliminate spoilage and waste.
- Participate in menu planning and food production to control food costs.
- Communicate with and assists back-of-the-house personnel to maintain efficient food production.
- Conduct daily food line inspections to ensure quality is maintained.
- Assist in hiring, training and evaluating the team.
- Inventory and purchase of food items, kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Inform the front-of-the-house personnel of menu changes, specials and shortages.
- Responsible for maintaining budgeted food and recipe costs.