Finance Executive - supporting the Financial Controller and the Senior Management Team
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a new team member to support the Financial Controller and to provide day to day accounting support to the business.
What will I be doing?
You'll be responsible for managing credit control, maintaining sales and purchase ledgers, all invoicing and billing, sales and membership reporting and production of management accounts to trial balance.
You will report to the Financial Controller, and will also engage with the Finance Director (part time) and the internal heads of departments (Sales/ Membership/ Events/Policy/Public Affairs).
· Sales Ledger – Maintaining the sales ledger and all invoices and billing
· Purchase ledger – entering all purchase invoices on Quickbooks and ensuring correct authorisations for payment. Including expenses and credit card statements.
· Bank Reconciliations – daily bank reconciliations
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations – including prepayment/accruals, deferred income and expenses
· Management accounts – preparing to trial balance for 3 companies on a monthly basis.
· VAT returns – preparing for 3 companies on a quarterly basis.
· Credit control – good diplomacy skills and the ability to take responsibility for all aspects of credit control.
· Cash Management – Taking any cheques received to the bank.
· Membership report – Maintaining and updating the membership report of all new members and cash received.
· Membership renewals – Being actively involved in all aspects of the membership renewals process
· Sales reports – Updating sales reports of all new invoices and all cash received reconciled against Quickbooks.
· Dashboard – updating weekly dashboard for senior management team meetings
· Ad hoc duties – This is a varied role with lots of ad hoc duties from assisting on events, some reception duties, to collecting the post.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your accounting experience across a range of business sectors and to join and support a passionate team on a mission to make a difference.