Communications and CSR Manager
Reporting to the HR Director for this Essex based leading UK retailer, the Communications and CSR Manager will have overall responsibility for internal communications. This includes the annual events calendar, communicating change programmes, crisis communications and issue management.
You will also provide guidance for the PR and social media function and be the link for Corporate Communications, offering support where necessary.
This role offers partial support to the Head of Communications which will be vacant due to maternity leave. It is part-time (flexible 21 hours per week), 9 - 12 month FTC or day rate equivalent, starting September 2018.
A values-led leading retail business, operating across four European territories. Keeping their customers and colleagues at the centre of the business strategy, they are restructuring to align the business with their company vision. As a values and people led business, they are driving this change from the front.
A top line view of the remit is:
- Manage the internal comms calendar, ensuring key strategic messages from all business functions are delivered
- Develop content in line with business needs and in conjunction with function heads and directors, including video, slides and word documents
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Manage charity partnerships responsible for agreeing event calendars and driving fund-raising initiatives forward. Monthly reports and regular status meetings with partnership managers.
Corporate Communications Support
- Manage any issues coming into the business that might result in damage to reputation and/or adverse media coverage.
- Act as a sounding-board for the Content Producer and Social and Blog Copywriter to sense-check any issues that arise in social media relations or on social media that may damage the business.
What you will need to bring -
- Solid experience in planning and executing both day to day and strategic internal comms
- Experience of managing internal platforms or intranets
- Proven track record of managing reputational issues, managing events and conferences, and an ability to keep calm under pressure!