Since 1978 Routeco has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, Routeco have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Credit Controller
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (Commutable from Bedford, Northampton, Buckingham, Bletchley, Luton, Aylesbury and surrounding areas)
Job type: Part Time, 1-year Fixed term Contract Maternity Cover
Hours: 20 hours per week (Job Share), working Wednesday 12.30 to 5.30pm, Thursday and Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
Salary: Up to £12,857 Dependant on skills and experience
Benefits: Health Care Cash Plan; Auto enrolled into Core Pension available; Group Life Assurance; Flexible Benefits; Buy / Sell Holiday Options; Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work Scheme; Health care upgrades available; Free Parking.
About the role:
The Credit Controller will ensure prompt collection of outstanding monies on the Sales Ledger and escalate promptly all matters which may delay settlement of payment.
- Responsibility for own set of Sales Ledger accounts
- Collection of debtors by telephone, email, letter and fax
- Handling of customer queries, liaising with internal departments and customers
- Responsibility for determining and controlling suitable credit limits
- Responsibility for negotiating settlement of overdue monies, and agreeing release of held orders
- Liaising with Sales in providing commercially acceptable solutions when granting credit to our customers
- Assessing and raising of new credit accounts with Routeco
- Processing of pro forma credit card payments
- A minimum of 2 years Credit Control experience is required for this role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge and experience of recovering payment from a variety of businesses would be advantageous
- Good standard of education, GCSE English and Maths particularly A-C grades (or equivalent)
- A cautious and detailed / accurate approach towards task completion is a requirement of the role
You may have experience of the following: Credit Controller, Credit Administrator, Credit Control Administrator, Credit Control Officer, Accounts Receivable Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Financial Services, Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeping, etc.