Post Office Supervisor
Post Office Supervisor
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK under the SPAR fascia with over 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned stores and over 7500 employees in total across all of their divisions in England and Wales.
It's through their 'putting people first' philosophy, that they are able to successfully lead, compete and operate within the fast paced Convenience Retail Market.
Position: Post Office Supervisor
Location: Buckley, Flintshire, CH7 2ED
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours:16 Hours Per Week, Monday - Saturday Days, shift times may vary - rota basis
Benefits: Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing Date: October 12, 2018
The Post Office Supervisor will assist in maximising sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the offices and staff, control of costs and losses and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with POL Agency Minimum Service standards.
- Be fully aware of KRAs and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Generate ideas for driving the office and its team forward.
- Assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style.
- Staff planning and training.
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation and health and safety responsibilities.
- Assist in the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Good standard of (numeracy and literacy) essential
- NVQ level 2-3 in management and / or customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them
- Some understanding of health and safety and legislative responsibilities of a financial services / retail environment and the skill to assist with managing those responsibilities
- Some experience of business development and team development
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
- Experience in managing costs and resources
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Commercially focused, capable of delivering results in a cost effective manner
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in a financial service, customer facing role preferred but not essential
You may have experience of the following: Cashier, Retail Manager, Post Office, Financial Services, Bank Teller, Customer Service Adviser, Insurance Sales, Head Cashier, Branch Manager, Mortgage Adviser, Financial Adviser, Post Officer Supervisor, Mortgage Administrator, Assistant Manager, Front of House, Cashier Supervisor etc.