Accommodation and Tenancy Services Advisor
This is a part-time, permanent position on Crick terms and conditions of employment.
The Francis Crick Institute currently offers temporary accommodation service to its Group Leaders, Postdoctoral Training Fellows and relocating employees at its apartment block located in Hampstead, North London. The Accommodation & Tenancy Services Advisor will be responsible for all aspects of tenancy management and employee liaison for this service. The role is based at the Crick’s central London location on a part time basis (circa 17.5 hours per week) and will support the HR Operations team with the on boarding of new employees who wish to utilise the accommodation service and the subsequent day-to-day management of all aspects of the service. The role is the first point of contact for all queries related to the accommodation and therefore requires a supportive and knowledgeable individual who is able to demonstrate sensitivity and flexibility when dealing with senior academics in a customer-facing position.
These include but are not limited to:
- Undertake initial contact with prospective tenants, and to arrange and conduct viewings.
- Confirm to the prospective tenant all information that is required to enable the tenant to make an informed decision to agree any tenancy term.
- Co-ordinate and issue all documentation required to agree the tenancy and issue pre-start packs to the tenant.
- Meet tenants on the first day of the tenancy to hand over keys and any final information.
- Confirm details for day to day contact or reactive/urgent calls.
- Arrange periodic inspections of the property with the tenants to ensure the upkeep of the flat is maintained, and that any issues are noted and reported back to the Crick for authorisation to be rectified.
- Review the property on the final day of the tenancy, inspecting the property for any issues that need to be reported back for authorisation to be rectified prior to the start of the next tenancy.
- Attend to the tenant calls and urgent notifications that require attention.
- Undertake inventory reviews on supplied furniture and equipment.
- Manage and maintain a roster of tenancy periods to ensure that occupancy within the block is maximized and that waiting lists are managed accordingly, including, where necessary, the prioritisation of senior Crick employees/Group Leads/Postdoctoral Training Fellows.
- Have an overview of other accommodation arrangements available to the institute at a special rate.
Key experience and competencies
The post holder should embody and demonstrate our core Crick values: bold, imaginative, open, dynamic and collegial, in addition to the following:
- Good oral and written skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly organised, with the ability to collate and prioritise multiple competing requests and requirements within agreed deadlines.
- Conscientious about day-to-day routine delivery, with first-class attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Office.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a high level of initiative and energy.
- The ability to work independently and autonomously with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Demonstrating an understanding of a customer service ethic to create a positive first impression for new Crick employees.
- Flexibility to travel between the Crick’s offices (St. Pancras) and accommodation (Hampstead) during work hours.
- Experience within property services, estate agency, retail or customer services.
- An understanding of academia and/or research environments.
- An understanding of the geographical surroundings of the Crick offices and accommodation (transport links, shops, facilities etc).