Claims Team Manager
Claims Team Manager – Surrey – Full Time – Permanent – DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Are you a dynamic and proactive Manager who can lead and successfully manage and develop a team?
Do you have strong industry knowledge of the insurance market?
Are you passionate about putting the customer first and ensuring an excellent customer experience?
If so, we want you to apply for this Claims Team Manager opportunity based in Hampshire. In this role you will lead a Claims Team that forms part of a larger division, providing leadership and management skills to ensure its success. You will have proven leadership skills and be able to motivate, develop and support a team of multi-disciplinary individuals to ensure that they achieve. You will have a proven working knowledge (and ideally higher-level knowledge) of Income Protection, Life, Critical Illness and other non-standard products. Additionally, you will have collective and individual responsibility for approximately a £1 billion claims reserve.
If this is the opportunity you are looking for then please apply by following the link below.
The Team Manager is expected to set high goals for themselves and the team and ensure day to day activities are aligned with the team’s goals. You will use effective measurements to monitor progress against these goals and be accountable for the results. Strategic planning will be required for this role combined with effective implementation of these short and long -term plans.
You will be responsible for ensuring divisional service standards are always met; that strong relationships are built with key clients and that these relationships and effective and successful. This role will involve travel to other sites and also customer visits, sometimes potentially at short notice. You will also liaise regularly with other internal departments and be part of the divisions Management Team, contributing to the overall direction of the team and company.
Key skills, responsibilities and attitudes
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- Strong people skills to include performance management and attendance management
- Ability to undertake strategic planning and its implementation
- Proven working and higher-level knowledge of Income Protection, Life, Critical Illness and/or other non-standard products
- Proven customer service and relationship management experience
- General knowledge of insurance industry codes and current practices
- Relevant industry experience (i.e. claims handling in the Risk arena)
- Build maintain and own strong pro-active customer relationships, whilst also work closely with other internal departments
- Ensure full compliance with all Regulatory and audit requirements, including Treating Customers fairly initiatives, both personally and that of direct reports
- Embed & contribute to the regulatory requirements of the role in line with business expectations
- Develop and implement a client and broker relationship management strategy including annual contact plans
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this Team Manager opportunity, then now is the time to come and talk to us.
Suitable candidates will be invited in to interview following a review of their CV and work experience.
Staff-finda manage this recruitment process so your application will be processed by us on behalf of the company.