Student Nurse: Personal care assistant
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Student Nurses to take on the role of Personal Care Assistants (HCAs) to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Exeter, Exmouth, Sidmouth and the surrounding local areas.
We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends. Do you know more dedicated student nurses? Why not 'Recommend a Friend' with the chance to earn up to £500 per successful referral.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, build your own rota, working full or part time hours to fit around your studies, with long or short days, evenings, nights and weekends available. Join today and be welcomed to our fantastic team with free uniform and DBS.
What can you expect
Changing the life of another person is an incredible feeling and it is completely within your grasp. Your responsibilities could include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.58/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes provided by Newcross. Want to enhance your clinical knowledge? Why not enrol on a Newcross course in PEG, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy and medication delivery? Or gain experience caring for those with spinal and brain injuries or neurodegenerative conditions.
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job yo nu could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local Team
Your local branch is based in Exeter, and covers a wide area of East Devon, including Crediton, Exmouth, Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Okehampton. We provide skilled Nurses to a range of clients, including care, nursing and residential homes, plus mental health environments and occasionally NHS locations.
You can find us at 31-33 Southernhay East, located in Exeter city centre, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call [... Click Apply...]. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.