Personal Care Assistant - Children Days & Waking Nights
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to work waking night and day shifts providing the highest quality of care and personalised support to children living with additional healthcare needs in their homes in Plymouth, Saltash, Elburton and the surrounding areas.
The ideal candidates would have previous experience working with children with additional needs, delivering care to enhance and encourage their independence with the support of the child's family.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What to expect in your role
As a Personal Care Assistant your responsibilities will include; personal care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with PEG, Trachi, Challenging Behaviour, Epilepsy and Learning Difficulties whilst also being compassionate, positive and calm when faced with the odd challenge.
Shifts for this role include weekends, long days and nights from 12:00-20:00 and 21:00-09:00.
- Salary of up to £14.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Your Local Team
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Apply today and help change someone's life
If you cannot apply online, please call [... Click Apply...]. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.