Intellectual Property Manager
Intellectual Property Manager
Oxford Flow was founded in 2015 as a spin-out from The University of Oxford. The company raised £6.1 million in April 2018 to support rapid growth, product optimisation and customer base expansion.
Oxford Flow produces the most precise and accurate flow control valves in the world. Its range of pressure flow regulators are a fraction of the weight of traditional products and virtually maintenance free. This disruptive technology is used in water & gas distribution networks, oil & gas processes, and other industrial applications. Pressure Reducing Valves (PRVs) represent a $3.5bn sector of the global $65bn valve & actuator market.
The position is located at our newly refurbished offices in Oxford, only 10 minutes’ walk from the train station. The right candidate will receive a competitive salary with generous benefits package. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast-growing company.
Position: Intellectual Property Manager
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire (Commutable from Abingdon, Didcot, Wantage, Farringdon, Witney, Bicester, Aylesbury and surrounding areas)
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: Flexible, Part-time (1 day / week)
Salary: £30 to 35k pro rata
About the role:
Oxford Flow are looking for an intellectual property (IP) manager to join our dynamic and rapidly growing team developing state-of-the-art fluid flow control products on accelerated development cycles.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the IP Manager will work closely with senior management and Oxford Flow’s external patent attorney to implement and develop the company’s high quality global patent portfolio. It will be up to the successful candidate to lead, plan and maintain the patent portfolio to ensure Oxford Flow maintains Freedom to operate for all its devices. As Intellectual Property Manager, you will be the first point of contact for advice on any IP related issues or matters.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A degree in physics, engineering or other science (First class, high 2:1, or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of engineering and scientific principles with ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts
- Excellent verbal and written English, with the ability to communicate effectively and simply at all levels
- Experience in analysing products, patents, prior art documents and standards
- Experience within a relevant IP environment
- Intuitive approach along with sound judgement on IP issues and strategies
- Ability to analyse complex mechanisms and mechanical interactions
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Patent attorney qualification (full or part qualification)
- Solid experience in an in-house industry patent department, ideally in the field of fluid flow technology, overseeing an extensive patent portfolio and advising the business in IP matters
- Knowledge of patent law and the associated patent prosecution proceedings in the main jurisdictions (US, GB, DE, CN) and ability to put that knowledge into practice for patent prosecution work and IP advice to the business.
You may have experience of the following: Intellectual Property Manager, Patent Manager, Trademarks, Patent Attorney, IP Manager, Head of IP, Intellectual Property Law, Analyst, IP Advisor, Intellectual Property Advisor, etc