Store Commissioner & Trainer
Store Commissioner & Trainer
Location: Field Based, occasionally working from home OR HQ in Cheddar
Salary: Up to £31,415k pa + fully expensed company car + Benefits
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Weekend working is required in exchange for lieu days the following week.
FSC is a family business with 29 years of award-winning experience in creating, rolling out and managing bespoke customer food-on-the-move solutions. Our customers include a selection of blue-chip companies in various industries, such as Shell, Debenhams, Thornton’s and Dunelm.
We offer a range of consultancy services drawing on our in-depth knowledge of the food-on-the-move sector and have managed projects in South America, North America, Asia, Scandinavia and several European countries.
Our Head Office is located in the world-famous village of Cheddar and we have an Innovation Centre near Bristol in Flax Bourton. Although many of the team are based throughout the UK and Europe, we regularly get together to review performance, share best practice and socialise! As well as working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, we believe it’s important to have a big chunk of fun and no day is ever the same at FSC.
Store Commissioner & Trainer - The Role
Working as part of a team of 11 supporting the opening of newly refitted stores as part of our exciting retail growth plan to double the turnover by 2025 across a network of over 550 outlets.
Your role is to ensure the store meets a high standard on the day of opening and staff are trained on how to deliver a consistent offer with enthusiastic engagement with the customer. Once trading, repeat visits are required to ensure high standards are consistently delivered until such point that the store can be handed over to the care and maintain team.
- Attend pre-start meetings with Shop fitters
- Overnight staying away from home may be necessary. Dependent on roll out program and geographical area some weeks could require 3 nights away.
- Attend briefing meetings with retailers to advise on the changes to the offer especially around labour resource required
- Ensure Shop works have been refitted to a high standard on day of opening
- All equipment is set up and tested to be working correctly
- Marketing materials installed
- Liaise with retailer and Ordering Department to ensure products that are new to the customer offer have been ordered.
- Train staff in how to operate equipment, basic food hygiene and general day to day operations of preparing food in store and new elements of the customer offering
- Build staff’s knowledge and passion of the product offer
- Spend a week in store to coach & motivate staff to engage with the customer, capturing their attention as soon as entering the store, sampling and converting to a sale.
- Assist the team to understand and ensure the profitability of the perishable food offer in store by helping to manage availability and waste levels.
- Have a flexible approach to working to meet the needs and demands of the business.
- Reporting Food Quality and Safety issues on a weekly basis through the FSC app
- Completing assessment forms to evaluate when the store and team have met the required standard to be handed over to the care and maintain team. Ideally a site should be handed over within 10 days of opening although this could be 3 days for more experienced retailers or a month for those new to the offer.
- This assessment will be reviewed on site by the project lead for final sign off and to measure your performance.
Store Commissioner & Trainer - Skills and Experience:
- Educated to minimum of A Level standard
- Coaching and Training Qualification
- Background in retail working for a brand that puts customer engagement at the forefront of their customer value proposition.
- Experience in coaching and training in a fast paced and dynamic retail environment essential
- Working with multi-cultural and cross-functional teams
- Highly numerate
- Be able to demonstrate a strong passion for food
- Natural motivator
- Excellent organisational skills
- A self-starter
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Relishes working in a fast-paced environment in a hands-on capacity
- Enjoys frequent challenges, change and working in multiple locations
- Has a natural can-do attitude and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A full, valid & 'Clean’ driving licence is essential
- Salary of £31,415 p/a
- Fully maintained Company Car with paid business mileage
- Company Laptop, I Pad, I Phone
- Company health care plan, Pension in line with Government auto enrolment
- 28-day annual leave + including bank holidays (after 3 years additional 3 days per year up to 38 days including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off.
If you would like to be part of this professional, friendly company click on "APPLY" today and send an up to date copy of your CV for our consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please!