Claims Recovery Assistant/Representative
Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
ARMS® Claims Services are the newly formed division of Enterprise Rent-a-Car. We are a family of over 350 dedicated and motivated individuals based in Aldershot, Hampshire. We are looking for new team members to join our rapidly growing team, responsible for supporting the hugely successful UK rental operation.
We are looking for a full time Recovery Assistant who will join our Damage Recovery Unit; a busy team that's responsible for recovering damage to our vehicles for the whole of the UK, Ireland, Enterprise Car Club and Dooley's Car Hire.
You'll be all geared up for a day negotiating with individuals, insurance companies, corporate customers and credit card companies. Whether it's maintaining accounts or interpreting loss data, you'll need a good eye for detail to ensure that we keep track of the numerous claims.
Everyday you'll be determining which claims must be worked, so we'll need you to demonstrate to us that you're able to make sound decisions based on your analysis of the situation. Along with this you'll be comfortable talking to both business and retail customers over the telephone and not afraid to have a difficult conversation.
Previous experience within Insurance, Claims / Debt Recovery or Sales is advantageous although not essential as full training is provided.Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing damage claims and assigning collection strategies
- Negotiating with individuals, insurance companies, corporate customers and credit card companies
- Maintaining accounts of collections and incoming payments on claim files
- Producing professional written communication including tasks such as writing, editing and proofreading correspondence and brief reports
- Interpreting loss data in conjunction with debtor feedback in order to establish settlement needs and parameters
- Interpreting loss data in conjunction with debtor feedback in order to establish if claim is valid and/or if the claim needs to be closed
- Determining what claims must be worked in order to obtain payment
- Interpreting recovery efforts to determine if a claim must be referred to a third party vendor for additional collection efforts
The successful candidate will be able to exhibit the following competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Great verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills
- A knowledge of Microsoft Office products, internet and telephone skills.
- Insurance/claims/debt recovery background would be advantageous but not essential
Please note that due to the nature of the role, successful applicants will require the ability to pass a security check which involves financial probity and basic criminality.