An exciting opportunity has arisen at an outstanding Charity based in West London for a Communications Assistant to join the team. This role would be perfect for anyone who wants to help increase the public's awareness of this unique national institution, and assist in delivering many key events during the year.
As the communications assistant, you will be working closely with the Head of Communications and the Digital Communications Officer. You will be working as part of a team that covers all functions relating to raising the awareness of the Charity and publicity.
- To support with PR for the Charities' campaigns
- Produce and distribute well-written, effective and impactful press releases, articles, statements, case studies, Q&A sheets, briefings and other media materials
- Act as the first point of contact for media enquiries
- Gather emotive and inspirational case study to use for print and broadcast media interviews, fundraising campaigns, marketing publications and the website
- Write and edit articles for a variety of marketing materials, e.g. newsletters, e-news, the website
- Supply content for the Digital and Website Manager, including case studies, features and image/video content
- Support the Digital and Website Manager with social media, creating and posting content
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or extensive journalistic experience
- Skilled writer with the ability to produce compelling copy that is tailored to the needs of audiences
- Excellent people skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships, including with charity beneficiaries, staff and the media
- Excellent interviewing and subediting skills
- Ability to empathise with personal stories and experiences, and tactfully approach sensitive subjects
- Production management or account management experience working either in house or within an agency
- IT literate including Microsoft Office, InDesign and media contact databases, such as Kantar
- Experience of writing for online and social media
- Photography skills
- Filming/editing skills
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply below by Thursday 24th January by sending your CV to Morgan Hunt's Marketing, Digital & Communications team.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role