Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst
We have partnered with a leading UK based charity that are looking for experienced Information Security Analysts to join the Head of Information Security, supporting the development of the security programme and forming a brand new team!
You will monitor for security issues, carry out incident investigations and risk assessments as well as liaise with third-parties and colleagues to assure good security practices are implemented and maintained.
Monitor and audit for security vulnerabilities and weaknesses, propose mitigating measures and liaise with IT and other colleagues for implementation.
Investigate and follow-up information security events and incidents.
Assist in the identification and monitoring of organisation-wide security risks and maintain the Information Security Risk Register.
Identify emerging threat patterns, research enhancements and make recommendations to Manager.
Conduct third-party supplier due diligence assessments.
Coordinate the annual compliance programme of pentesting, certification etc.
Help develop company-wide good practice for information security in line with ISO27001.
Assist in the creation and delivery of training and advice to colleagues via online and face to face interactions.
Evaluate security products and providers.
Stay up-to-date on IT and cybersecurity trends, threats, vulnerabilities and mitigating technologies
Generate management information and metrics as defined by Manager
Solid IT background and practical experience of information security tasks for a large organisation.
Up-to-date understanding and experience of information security concepts and technologies such as DLP, firewalls, proxies, security protocols, SIEM, IDS/IPS, encryption and Cloud
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- We are looking for someone who can communicate well to all levels internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of the concepts of security compliance, assurance and of industry standards such as the ISO270x series.
- Able to work well independently and as part of the team
- Degree in IT or Information Security would be advantageous
- Ideally holds at least one of: SSCP, CEH, ISEB in Information Security Management, CISSP, ISO27001 Lead Auditor or Lead Implementer, ISEB in Information Risk Management, or equivalents.
- Occasional travel to sites outside of London to enable performance of the duties and responsibilities and for the purposes of maintaining and updating professional skills and development.
- Occasional need to work outside normal working hours in order to assist with exceptional incidents.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.