Night Care and Support Worker - Part Time
Night Care and Support Worker – Part Time
Moreton Court, Bideford
£8.03 to £8.30 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
20 hours per week – varying shifts
We are seeking a Care and Support Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Moreton Court offers a selection of private apartments with a range of on-site services and facilities. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
Read more about Moreton Court here
The role of Care and Support Worker will include:
- Delivering a high level of care and support for residents, ensuring that their dignity and independence is maintained
- Providing support to residents to enable them to maximise their own potential and independence
- Ensuring that relevant support is provided to empower our residents to maximise their own level of independence and become active members of their local community
- Building strong working relationships with residents, their families/guardians and staff
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines
- NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 28 days paid holiday (including public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 21 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Retirement Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.