Assistant Management Accountant
An experienced Assistant Accountant is required to join an established business in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire.
Our client is a market leading supplier of a range of products, services and repairs to the Construction sector.
Applications are particularly invited from candidates who have previously worked in the Construction sector or for a Motor Dealership.
Additionally, a working knowledge of Kerridge / ADP software would be particularly relevant.
The successful applicant will be to carry out balance sheet reconciliation, preparing the monthly management accounts pack and assisting the Financial Controller in preparing for the year end audit.
Part Qualified with a good understanding of job costing, you will identify areas where improvements can be made by demonstrating a good understanding of the business model.
Duties will include:
• Producing monthly management accounts
• Maintaining monthly balance sheet reconciliation's
• Producing various ad hoc reports for Departmental Manager and liaising with departmental managers on results and /or investigations
• Inputting journal entries
• Monitoring and reviewing the deal sheet
• Inputting and reviewing of unit stock movement into the accounting system
• Completing VAT and Intrastat Returns
• Assisting the Financial Controller in the preparation of the year-end audit file
This is a hands-on opportunity for an Assistant Accountant who likes to go beyond merely reporting numbers and can genuinely influence change in a thriving business.
Due to the remote location of the business and requirement for occasional travel to other sites applicants must driver and have their own transport.