Female Support Worker
Avenues is a specialist provider of social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life.
We are looking for part-time female Support Workers (30 hours per week) to join our team at Teversham Road in Cambridge to support adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs.
Our services are shaped around each person, and we work with their families and other professionals to understand what they need. We then support them with everyday activities like taking a shower, making a cup of tea, or trying something new. And it’s also about working with them on bigger decisions, like where they want to live, or who they want to build relationships with.
Due to the needs of the service it is desirable for successful applicants to hold a full valid UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Up to 25 annual leave days + 8 bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Extensive three month induction and tailored career development
- Sector leading learning and development facilities
- Ongoing support from local and central teams
- The ability to build long-term relationships with the people we support
- A permanent, stable job in an ever-growing organisation
You don’t need any previous experience or training (we’ll provide lots of that). But you will need to demonstrate that you share our values of Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Pride, and…
- be caring and sympathetic
- be passionate about supporting others
- be flexible to work early morning, late evening, overnight, and sleep-in shifts over a 7 day rota; 23 hours per week
Apply today or call us on to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a difference to someone’s life.