£35,000 to £40,000 DOE + Holidays + Bank Holidays + 3% Contributory Pension
37.5 hours - Monday to Friday
Technical Manager required for a well-known food manufacturer based in Pontypool. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established group that have recently acquired a new business venture in Pontypool, with various inter-business sites across the UK. This role offers the opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to become an integral member of the team.
· To manage all customer and third-party audits to achieve and maintain accreditation standards
· Ensure all manufacturing processes comply with relevant internal standards and those set by regulatory authorities
· Establish and maintain procedures for reporting, investigating, recording and analysing non-conformances and complaints.
· Be a key contact for customers and potential customers in all technical issues including responses to complaints and delivering a reduction plan for complaints
· Design improvement plans for performance and quality throughout the business, identifying improvements and solving technical or processing problems as they arise.
· Provide technical knowledge and support to the introduction of new products, processing methods and manufacturing equipment.
· Work closely with all teams across the site, to establish and improve procedures, standards and systems to achieve KPI's
· Setting up the monitoring of site individual KPI's within the technical team, and to actively improve Technical KPI's through the implementation of robust action plans which deliver results.
· To contribute too and be a major part of the HACCP team on site, maintain up to date HACCP, VACCP/TACCP along with the Compliance Manager.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with Food Safety, Legality and Quality Systems
· Coaching employees in the implementation and training of technical standards, systems and procedures.
· Considerable experience in Technical Management gained from the food industry involving customer contact
· Experience of working within a large Technical team and working with other departments, including NPD, Operations to achieve results through collaborative working
· Knowledgeable in regulatory affairs, current legislation, quality systems and retailer standards
· Experience in Team management/ supervision
· Experience in managing and closing out customers, issues, enquiries
· Demonstrable experience in delivering on improvements, and cultural change that results in Technical Standards compliance
· Experience of working within a budget and looking for ways of reducing cost without compromising Technical standards.
· Been part of a senior leadership team, and accountability for delivering against actions
· Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Food Science, Microbiology or a related discipline
· Educated to Degree or other suitable food science disciplines
· Previous experience of the bakery or confectionary process/manufacturing
· Ability to interact positively with the technical teams across FFG
· Strong communication skills to be able to communicate clear strategies and plans internally and with customers
· Highly organised with the ability to show strong project management skills
· Computer literate, with good use of Excel and spreadsheets
· Able to work as an individual but with the leadership skills to manage a wider team
· Quick learner but with the confidence to challenge the status quo
· To be a pivotal part of the operational team
· Comfortable in making difficult decisions quickly
· Self-driven to succeed in a fast paced and demanding env