B2B Sales & Events Coordinator
- Full Time
Corporate Sales & Events Coordinator
Salary £20,000 to £25,000 per annum (Dependant on Experience).
Adecco Cheltenham are thrilled to be recruiting on behalf of a prestigious company in the outskirts of Cheltenham in their search for a Corporate Sales & Events Coordinator to join their team on a Permanent basis. This is a varied role encompassing a multitude of responsibilities which covers B2B sales, marketing sales campaigns, event planning and networking. You'll be joining a small team within an award-winning business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for lovers of the Cotswold lifestyle to join a quintessentially Cheltonian business and manage corporate or fundraising charity events. Please note that due to the location we can only consider car drivers.
- Managing the event process from start to finish: from producing proposals and closing sales through to planning events and overseeing events.
- You'll handle any sales enquiry, using your entrepreneurial spirit and consultative skills to understand their specific requirements, produce quotations and proposals and close the sale.
- Responsible for coordinating the entire event, beginning with researching suppliers and contractors and negotiating prices and hire. You'll coordinate all of the event logistics and liaise with the marketing team for event publicity and promotion.
- You'll always have an eye for the finer details in pre-event planning: from following Health and Safety/Legal obligations to preparing goodie bags and prizes for the events.
- Producing detailed proposals for your events (ie. information inclusive of suppliers, staffing, availability, itinerary).
- During the planning of the event you'll be the first point of contact for your client, handling any queries and providing outstanding customer service.
- This is a very hands-on role requiring a strong work ethic and good communication skills: you'll be physically setting up some of the events and overseeing the events as a trouble-shooter.
- Ensuring that the events run smoothly; that they meet your clients' expectations and fall in line with the budget.
- Continual business development to include; researching opportunities for new clients and events, attending networking events (outside of working hours on occasion), conducting B2B sales calls and utilising B2B marketing tools (such as LinkedIn) to gain business.
- Ideally, candidates must be able to demonstrate some sales experience within a B2B environment. Candidates with outstanding B2C experience are invited to apply.
- Experience with organising events is ideal, but we will consider candidates who have experience in being involved with project support/planning/recruitment/coordinating.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with natural business acumen - you'll always have an eye out for the next business deal, and you won't be afraid to negotiate and have business discussions.
- Excellent communication skills both face to face and via the telephone; you'll be a natural people person who feels comfortable attending networking events and hosting event days.
- The ability to communicate at executive level (if required) with prestigious clientele.
- Second-to-none attention to detail and organisational skills are essential for this role: you'll be a thorough administrator with a strong written command of English.
- Full UK Driving license and access to own vehicle is essential due to our client's location.
- Strong work ethic and happy to be hands-in within a role, sometimes performing duties outside of your job description.
- Strong customer service ethos: you'll be motivated by the thought of having an excellent professional reputation and providing customer satisfaction.
In return our client will provide you with
- a competitive salary of £20,000 to £25,000 dependant on experience. Salary reviews will also be made available in the future.
- Working hours of 37.5 per week (Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm).
- Starting Annual Leave entitlement of 20 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday: this will increase by 1 day for each years' service.
- Please note that the business is open between Christmas and New Year and you will be required to work in between. Likewise, as October-March is a busy period of the year for the business a restricted holiday leave during this time is in place: meaning restrictions on 7 day+ long holidays. This is flexible for extenuating circumstances outside of employees' control. Holiday days and long weekends etc is still absolutely fine during this period.
If this opportunity appeals to you please click apply now! Interviews are expected to take place at the end of January/beginning of February so please do not delay in applying! Due to the volume of applications we will receive for this popular vacancy, if you have not heard back from Trish Hughes in 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy