Head of Sales
Head of Sales
Location: Leicester - LE19 1SU
Salary: £53k- £58k DOE - plus flexible benefits package
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Mercia is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide. Over 3000 firms use our file review service and rely on our audit and compliance manuals. More 6000 firms attend our training events and use our online training solutions. Mercia is part of Wilmington plc's Professional Division.
Why do we want you?
We want you to lead a team to deliver annual sales targets, running motivational and results-orientated team meetings, cascading down high level strategy and business goal messages and contributing team inputs to these in a way that improves engagement.
Provide on-the-job coaching to the team to constantly improve performance against the role competencies, identify and deal promptly with under- and over-performance, take a strong personal development approach to reward, recognise and motivate individuals and the team at all times.
Work with Commercial Director and Marketing to develop and manage the annual sales plan in line with the marketing plan to plan for high impact sales campaigns to drive inbound enquiries. This will include planning and implementing an integrated approach of mailings, newswires, telemarketing, website marketing, brochures, targeted prospects, adverts, third party referrals and any other sales or marketing activities that will promote the company in a positive light to prospective and current clients.
Work with Commercial Director and other colleagues to plan for and deliver co-ordinated lead generation activities, including tele-appointing for the sales team.
Work with Commercial Director and managers across the business to design and support targetted upselling and cross-selling campaigns delivered by non-sales staff.
Provide Board Report content monthly, to include reports on sales figures, conversion rates and lead generation statistics.
Manage a specified number of clients, and deliver new business in a specified client segment using role model selling
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
- Experience in the same or similar role
- Experience of selling into a professional services environment and an understanding of the decision-making process with accountants and business owners/directors.
- Experience of selling in a face to face environment, as well as over the phone, using a recognised sales methodology/approach.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful business development record, with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Experience of line managing or supervising a business development team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to give presentations to clients, prospects, staff and other groups.
- Excellent networking skills to build relationships with clients, prospects and suppliers, with the ability to hold 'high intellect’ conversations with all levels of professional service clientele.
- Full driving licence with the ability to travel throughout the UK
- Self-starter, with the ability to work on own initiative, remaining continually focused and self-motivated.
- Strategic sales planning - ability to develop and articulate a clear vision for the sales function at Mercia, which will include direct and indirect sales channels
- Analytical skills - skilled at analysing sales and market data, and using this to build plans and business cases on how we can constantly improve and develop our sales capabilities
- Customer centricity - place our customer at the heart of all our plans and activities and ensure that we constantly improve the customer experience through our sales interactions with clients
- Be role model in consultative selling.
(Desirable) Knowledge of all areas of compliance and training aspects of the accountancy profession.
Before you go...
Thanks for reading our job advert. We’ve tried to bring to life what it’s like working as part of Wilmington Plc but we do so much that it’s tough to distil into a single page. We also recognise that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job unless they think they match every requirement. Don’t let that hold you back. If you are excited about the role and think you can do much of what we have described but aren’t sure if you are quite who we’re looking for… give it a try. Nothing ventured nothing gained!
Come join us!
At Wilmington Plc, we know how hard our employees work and the contributions they make to our business. As such we offer attractive salary packages that include some fantastic benefits such as performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme with life assurance, at least 23 days' annual holiday but also flexible benefits that allows you to tailor your choices i.e. purchase additional holiday days, discount vouchers, heavily subsidised gym membership, cycle to work schemes and dining cards.
We offer variety, development and an opportunity to be part of a committed group of colleagues. We operate an open environment where you’ll be encouraged to make an impact. At Wilmington, our collaborative approach means your great ideas will be welcomed and your great work recognised.
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"