Purchasing Assistant / Buyer
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing manufacturing business as they're looking for a purchasing professional which they can develop into a fully fledged Buyer.
I've partnered up with a market leading manufacturer, which supply a wide range of products into various markets in the UK, as they look to strengthen their purchasing function by recruiting a Buyer.
As the Purchasing Assistant / Buyer you will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to manage products through set up and into the business.
- With the support of the Purchasing Manager, negotiate effectively, primarily around terms and materials.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reports.
- Proactively source suppliers and materials.
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers in order to form a partnership approach;
- Be involved with the set-up of new suppliers, ensuring all paperwork is filled in and returned in a timely manner
- Ensure internal departments are made aware of any stock availability issues and changes to product.
The successful candidate for the Purchasing Assistant / Buyer role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Experience in a Buying or Supply Chain Role
- Competent in the use of MS Excel (formulas, pivots, etc.)
- Effective communicator with an ability to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Capable of working unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Have strong numerical skills, ability to work accurately with data
- Effective team-worker - understanding and responding to the needs of others
£20,000 - £25,000