Housing Support Assistant
Are you thorough, motivated and proactive?
If so, we want to hear from you! We have a fantastic opportunity for a Housing Support Assistant to deliver housing support to our residents, based in our state of the art Retirement Village on Hagley Road Birmingham. You will receive a competitive salary of £9,041pa on a 20 hour contract plus excellent benefits package which includes;
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- BUPA and Health Sure cash plan
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
Here at ExtraCare we offer our residents access to outstanding retirement villages, promoting care and lifestyle opportunities that truly do create ‘better lives for older people’. We are committed to offering fulfilling and worthwhile careers to all our staff – enabling you to deliver the quality of service we promise.
Hagley Road Village, in Edgbaston, is one of five inspirational Village communities across the City, providing independence, social opportunity and an enriching lifestyle in later life - a real alternative to the traditional care home.
The Village opened in October 2013 and provides 240 homes for over 300 residents. It contains spacious, comfortable apartments for rent and sale and a fabulous host of social and leisure facilities all set within landscaped gardens.
What will you do as our Housing Support Assistant?
- Provide help, support and advice to residents, whilst meeting the requirements of the ExtraCare Charitable Trust.
- Arrange to visit each resident or household on a regular basis to assess property condition, and ensure conditions are being adhered to.
- Provide advice to residents on maintaining tenancy / lease conditions.
- Establish and maintain good relations with recognised Residents Associations, providing a supporting role to their effective running.
- Advise residents on issues relating to their personal safety and well-being.
- Adhere to legal and regulatory requirements for our housing and care obligations.
- Attend regular 1:1 supervisions and annual Performance Development,
Our ideal Housing Support Assistant will have:
- Experience of advice services or customer services.
- Good communications skills both verbally and written
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Good IT skills.
- Understanding of basic benefit.
- GSCE English or equivalent
- A positive attitude to tackling issues.
- Honest and open approach to communications.
- To recognise and understand the importance of Equality and Diversity
***The successful candidate will be required to work Christmas, New Year and Bank Holidays as allocated. ***
This role is required to work weekends, early mornings and evenings on a rota basis.
Don’t miss out! Click ‘apply’ now to make a difference to the lives of older people as ourHousing Services Support.
This Housing Support Assistant post may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure where applicable, two satisfactory references, medical clearance and Home Office right to work clearance.