Support Worker (special educational needs)
Enable a young person to have the summer of a lifetime. Flexible paid roles throughout June to September with NCS!
Salary: £1,472 - £1,880
Role length: 14 - 18 day (over 3 or 4 weeks, dependent on location)
Location: Greater London, Bucks & Berks, Surrey, West Midlands, Yorkshire, Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's longest-standing provider of National Citizen Service, a youth and community programme with a mission to set up 15-17 year olds with the skills and confidence they need to make a real difference in their hometowns.
We strive for the NCS programme to be as inclusive as possible, providing additional support and resources to young people with additional support needs. Support Workers are 'matched' to a young person with either SEND, behavioural, emotional and/or physical needs. You will assist and motivate the young person, providing consistent support throughout their NCS placement.
Other responsibilities include:
- Pastorally care for the young person, providing support for learning & engagement, mental health, physical disabilities or personal care.
- Work with seasonal colleagues to ensure your young person is fully included with their team.
- Adapt activities to make them accessible for your young person.
- Extensive experience of directly supporting people with additional needs.
- Ability to adapt activities to make them inclusive for a range of needs.
- Ability to follow and understanding safeguarding and health & safety policies.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
This partly-residential role is perfect for a confident, compassionate and high-energy individual with extensive experience of supporting those with access needs.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Read the full job description at https://ncs.the-challenge.org/jobs/short-term-summer-roles/support/ncs-support-worker/