Community Sports Hub Officer
Closing Date: Thursday 4th April 2019
Full time Community Sports Hub Officer
LGE 10 (Please note, pay increase has been agreed and will be implemented on 1st April).
In order to strengthen our Active Schools and Sports Development team, in partnership with sportscotland, we currently wish to appoint to the above post.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead and strategically manage the development of Community Sport Hubs in Argyll and Bute. The successful postholder will also progress wider sports development projects and programmes in line with the LiveArgyll Business Plan and sportscotland Partnership Agreement.
This will involve increasing the range of sport and physical activity offered, developing clubs, growing sport and physical activity participation and engaging with the community and local and national partners.
Essential Candidate Specification:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and/or further relevant experience or qualifications in a sport and/or business related discipline.
- Experience of writing/delivering sports action plans including monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of identifying training needs for volunteers, coaches and paid staff and organising suitable CPD solutions and training sessions.
- Proven project management experience.
- Excellent presentation, organisational and IT skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
- Confident with IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of the sporting environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and the ability to advise, guide and motivate /encourage others.
- Good negotiation, facilitation and customer service skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
This post is not suitable for job share.
This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children.
For further information, please contact:
Nona Thomas, Assistant Active Schools Manager