Team Administrator - 12 Month Maternity Contract - Part Time (3 Days A Week)
12 Month Maternity Contract - Part Time (3 Days A Week - Wednesday, Thursday & Friday)
We are now looking for a Team Administrator to join our Stations Team at Brighton. Our Team Administrators are responsible for providing timely and efficient administration support within a very busy environment. Your role will focus on creating and maintaining high quality notes, records and reports. You’ll already be an excellent administrator, able to work quickly, accurately and with a high level of confidentiality.
To succeed in this role, first and foremost, you’ll need fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal. You have the ability to build relationships with managers across Southern, as well as external stakeholder. Administrative excellence has been a part of the way that you work for several years. Knowledge or experience of the UK passenger rail industry and bespoke software such as TRUST, P2 or BUGLE is an advantage but not essential. Obviously, you’ll be adept at working with MS Word and Excel, creating a wide variety of documents.
Key roles and responsibilities
- High quality, accurate records maintained
- Timely and efficient delivery of administration tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the department in a professional manner
- Provision of high quality minutes to meetings
- Timely production of all reports and notes: KPI reports, sickness and training admin support
- Provide admin support, including: note taking, purchase orders, employee equipment requests, attendance sheets, expenses, uniform orders handling correspondence and phone calls
- Organise and co-ordinate both internal and external meetings and create agendas
- Accurate and consistent reporting of delay incidents in bespoke software
- Maintain confidentiality
- Complete other duties as required by the management team
In return, you’ll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including travel on our services (Thameslink, Southern, Great Northern and Gatwick Express) as well as the support of a passionate team. You’ll get a market leading pension, as well as discounts with many retailers. You’ll be fulfilling a role that is integral to our continued success across the almost a quarter of all UK rail journeys.