Sales Support and Purchasing Administrator
We are offering an opportunity to join a team in an exciting high end motor industry business. Working closely with classic and high end motor vehicles. So an interest in the Automotive industry is desired but not essential.
The Sales Support and Purchasing Administrator is responsible for providing excellent sales support and purchasing service. The role provides a point of contact for customers with queries about project proposals, quotations, orders and deliverables and contributes to quality customer service, while at the same time helping Sales by handling project administration and making purchases in a timely and cost effective manner for the supplies side of our business.
Duties and responsible
Become familiar with the fabrication, installation and fit out services provided as well as its product range of Engineering consumables so as to be able to provide effective internal sales support
· Process correspondence for sales enquiries and quotations
· Keep up to date records on in-house systems/databases/filing
· Assist in the gathering of information needed in support of sales
· Contact suppliers to obtain quotes and information on stock availability
· Handle customer service enquiries
· Deal with day to day sales enquiries by telephone and email.
· Ensure the timely dispatch of goods to customers
· Attend trade events and promote services and products
· Understand other key roles within the team and provide cover
· Handle queries and resolve issues which may arise relating to set procedures within sales and provide information to others, seeking guidance where necessary.
· Assist in the preparation of project quotations
· Implement price reviews.
· Gather and generate data reports from in-house systems and databases and provide to either the MD or Business Development Executive
· Provide support for ad hoc projects or tasks.
· Opening post and sorting invoices ready for processing under the guidance of the Accounts / Finance team,
· 2 years experience in an internal sales or purchasing role
· Including experience of computerized sales operating systems
Technical skills and specialized knowledge
· Interest in working in an engineering environment
· Good keyboard and computer / systems skills and knowledge including Microsoft Office and a variety of databases with quick and accurate data search and entry skills
· Excellent Customer Care skills
· Good administration and retrieval skills ( for repeat quotes etc)
NB Own transport required as location not served by public transport