To work in a team with a diverse portfolio of clients. The role includes building professional relationships with staff, clients and the business community.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide accounts support to a broad range of clients. In addition to client-facing work - such as taking technical questions for regular clients, they will also be expected to undertake accounts preparation.
In broad terms, the Accounts Assistant role will involve:
- Accounts preparation.
- Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Management of bookkeeping and VAT clients.
- Some tax work.
- Other duties in support of the practice as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will be AAT qualified. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate: * A general practice background - with exposure to accounts and tax. * Good organisational and administrative skills. * Excellent attention to detail. * Proven analytical skills. * Strong written and verbal communication.
- Good general education, including English Language and Maths at GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- Ability to work flexibly and multi-task
- Confidence, initiative and the ability to work independently
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to present information effectively and concisely
- Friendly and helpful approach
- Good working knowledge of Accounting software, to include Xero
- Ability to learn new IT systems and programs quickly
- Conscientious and "can do" attitude
You will receive a competitive salary, with a generous holiday allowance. Your working week will be 35 hours.