Youth Support Worker
Youth Support Workers - YC Hertfordshire
Vacancies available in all 10 district teams
£9.40 to £10.18 per hour (JNC 5-8)
7.5 hours per week (over 3 evenings), for 36 weeks per year term time only
Additional hours during term time and school holidays are potentially available
Are you interested in working with young people to develop their skills and confidence to enable them to succeed?
Are you energetic, creative and motivated?
Are you ready for the challenge of working with diverse groups of young people and supporting those who are at risk?
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded YC Hertfordshire service which delivers targeted prevention and early intervention work to improve outcomes for young people.
YC Hertfordshire has Youth Support Worker posts available in most districts and boroughs across the County, in late afternoon and evening projects.
As part of a team you will work with young people to enable them to succeed by providing high quality informal education opportunities to promote their personal and social development.
You will deliver programmes providing young people with the opportunity to learn new skills, develop their confidence and self-esteem and enhance their employability, thereby preparing them for adulthood.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals with some experience of working with young people. We are keen to hear from those with skills, knowledge or experience in sports, arts, media, music, outdoor education, The Duke of Edinburgh Award, health issues or other areas which can be used to deliver informal educational programmes.
YC Hertfordshire is committed to ensuring staff have the appropriate training to deliver a high quality service, therefore initial and ongoing training is provided. An essential element to this is the completion of the Certificate in Youth Work Level 2.
Team locations include:
- Broxbourne - including Cheshunt, Waltham Cross and Hoddesdon
- Dacorum - including Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted and Tring
- East Herts - including Hertford, Ware and Bishops Stortford
- Hertsmere - including Potters Bar, Borehamwood and Bushey
- North Herts - including Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock and Royston
- St Albans - including St Albans, London Colney, Wheathampstead and Harpenden
- Three Rivers - including Rickmansworth, South Oxhey, West Hyde and Abbotts Langley
- Welwyn Hatfield - including Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
Vacancy levels will vary in the above locations. Applications will be allocated based on the vacancies at the time. Please therefore identify two location preferences on your application form.
- Excellent career development
- Initial and ongoing training provided
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Discounts on everyday shopping / holidays / entertainment / leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Support groups
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent wellbeing schemes
We are recruiting to these posts on an ongoing basis. You will be contacted to confirm whether you will be invited to interview 7-10 working days following your application.
To speak with someone about the role, please click through to our website for contact details.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU COMPLETE A SUPPORTING STATEMENT DETAILING YOUR SUITABILITY AGAINST THE PERSON SPECIFICATION - INCLUDING EXAMPLES. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE ONE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED.